Monarch Valley Harness High Leg Recliner By Ashley Furniture


Home sweet home for my backside4

I've destroyed several other brands of recliners over the years and all of them deteriorate pretty quickly once I start "flopping" into them. I'm a big guy (6'1" 275) with arthritis in my knees and tend to "flop" into the chair with quite a bit of force. I've had this chair for over a year now. When I'm home this is where you'll find me. Very comfortable. Leather excellent. Frame very solid. Had one spring in the back let go but I was able to get in there and fix it fairly easily with hand tools. I don't think is too much of a flaw -- in fact kinda amazing actually that this chair takes my daily abuse without complaint other than this one little thing. Also the bottom of the chair is not covered with upholstery so when you drop your penknife or ballpoint or a pocketful of change it all ends up on the floor under the chair where you can easily retrieve it instead of being lost forever somewhere in the chair's innards. This is definitely the best recliner I've owned and the price was definitely right!



Edit (May 2010) - the frame and leather and stuffing are still holding up but the recliner mechanism finally broke. It didn't break per se just some of the metal pieces on the right underside became bent and the chair ended up lopsided. I contacted Ashley Furniture. There is a 5-year parts only warranty on the mechanism (1-year parts and labor). They sent me a new mechanism -- received in about 10 days. Fast! Took about an hour to disassemble the mechanism and install the new one but now my chair is almost as good as new. Going forward I think I'll try to be just a bit more careful putting the footrest DOWN because I think that's how I destroyed the 1st one.More detail ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List